357
Blogger's been being a shit today so I hope this posts like.
It's a musical post of musical proportions!
Here's some PHATT CHOONZ!1 what I have been listening to lately.
Kevin Devine - Ballgame
Everyone - download/buy this. Nice acoustic song, complete with a WOO and handclaps. Yes.
Some of the lyrics are amazo and perfectly sum up how I've been feeling lately. I don't feel much like it now, I feel pretty rad at the moment but anyway this song is just amazing. So are the two albums of his I've heard.
The Higher - Histrionics
I've fallen in love with this song. It's only a minute or so long, but it's just amazing. Pity the rest of the album huffs dong. I'm fed up of that. Bands need to make albums that are top quality all the way through, so I don't have to fanny around skipping songs. This one has the guitar/handclap combo also. Win.
Minus the Bear - Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse
Breath-taking. I really need to hear Menos El Oso (Minus The Bear in Spanish y'see) but I don't think it will be better than Highly Refined Pirates. This song is great. The intro and build-up is all cool and relaxed and it's just a great, great song. My description is shite but the song isn't.
The Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day
Now, don't get me wrong, I think t'Spree are wack. What's with having eighty nine people in one band? Slight exaggeration but it's still ruddy odd. I heard this song on Scrubs ages ago and it has been doing the rounds on a Sky TV advert. I like the chorus... all gang vocally. "Follow the day and reach for the SUN!"
The Shins - So Says I
Now I love Chutes Too Narrow but I really can't get into Oh, Inverted World. First heard a Shins song (or two, hoho) on Garden State. They were both on Oh, Inverted World but I suprisingly prefer t'other album. This 'un is a good tune. Sounds pretty retro and the chorus for some reason reminds me of that Oasis song, The Importance of Being Idle.
Cartel - Q
The WHOLE of Chroma is pop-punktasticly good. I bummed 'Say Anything (Else)' and 'Luckie St.' into the ground and now I love this track. The lady backing vocals give a different edge to this song. STILL I'LL NEVER KNOO-OOH-OOOOW!
Lazlo Bane - Superman
Yep, theme tune for Scrubs. Old song but I like it. "I know, I'm no superman" oooooo-eeeee-oooooo-eeeee-oooooo. That was the weird alien noise after the chorus.
Panic! At The Disco - London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines
WE'RE JUST A WETDREAM FOR THE WET SCENE, MAKE US HIP, MAKE US HIP, MAKE US SCENE. It was a toss up 'tween this or 'The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage'. Both CHOOOOONS. Imagine Fall Out Boy. In the 80's. With dancey bits. Good times.
I've also been listening to the Death Cab For Cutie album, Transatlanticism lots. I can't pick a song from it cos it works so well as a whole album.
Songs make me happy. I MIGHT be going to see The Academy Is supported by Panic! At The Disco in January. AND All American Rejects in February. Top stuff.
A mixed bag I'm listening to then. Hooray.
I love Candice, she makes me feel all happy.
It sounds as though, I'm writing it all the time because I have to or I'm bragging or something but it's not, I just really do. Anyway, s'my blog, I get to write how I'm feeling and whatever so nerrr!
I LOVE YOU WOMAN!
chro x


2 Comments:
At 8:46 PM,
. said…
weeeeeeeee i love Gawuff
x
At 2:35 AM,
Molly the Robot said…
yes, bands do indeed need to stop sucking...all bands that don't produce more than one good song need to be disbanded and each individual member must be killed (I'm looking at you Vines)
later days
Post a Comment
<< Home